On a scale of 1-10...

So I sent you an email with the following questions:

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate our sex life:

physically?
spiritually?
emotionally?

What would a great sex life in each of these areas look like for you?


Just a few questions from a series I plan to ask you this month. Questions I plan to explore myself. And, if you are feeling so inclined, I'd love to read your responses. I'll post mine here.

Physically, I'd rate our sex life an 8 or 9. Seriously, I think we have the physical stuff down. I feel like I know you'd rather our sex life be more adventurous, and I know you get tired of the same positions, but they work. It's easiest for me to get off in plain old missionary position. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to try something else, it just means, as a creature of habit, I gravitate toward what works. And that works. You're amazing at oral sex, so we don't have a problem there, either. I know I could do more, for my part, to make our physical sex life better. Initiate more often, be on top, provide oral sex more frequently. And I plan to do all of those things. Basically, I realize that I can't leave it all up to you. It isn't fair. 

Spiritually and Emotionally? I feel like this is where we are most lacking. Sometimes I feel a powerful connection with you during sex, but it is those times where that connection was already established before sex. I'm not saying that sex always has to be "connected." Fucking is necessary, too. And honestly, when we are being ourselves, an I let myself go in your arms...when I become yours in that way I can only do when my legs are spread to you and a handful of my hair is in your grip...that is pretty much as spiritual and emotional is it comes. 

And while giving in completely seems scary, it's going to be necessary for us to be truly "one"...in the married sense...and as lovers. 

I love you. And I need you. 
And I want you.